Friday, February 18, 2011

How I work

It's been a while since I've gotten the chance to post, with the store catching on with the public and the semester getting rolling...but that doesn't mean I'm not working!

I realize it's not everyday you get to see an in-progress drawing.  I think I work differently than other artists, as I tend to finish one portion before continuing on to the next part.  If I work in layers, the drawing never gets done, so I layer tiny portions until the drawing is where it needs to be, then I move on.

You can see that it's part outline, part base coat, and part detail work.  Right now I'm working with a 2B and a 4H pencil to get different softnesses and tones.
"Bear and Raccoon--In Progress" (For the series "The Animal Parade") 2011 Jessica Boehman

No comments:

Post a Comment