Monday, February 7, 2011

For Fozzie

My family dog, Fozzie, really should've been named Godzilla. As a puppy, he was a real Jekyll and Hyde, crazy one minute and sweet the next.  When I say crazy, it's because he would go under the couch at nighttime and throwdown with...who knows? The other Fozz? He would bark and growl and then whine. The couch would wobble with his efforts. It was really, really odd.  He's turned into a toothy, noisy berserker butterball, a weird combination to be sure, with a deep abiding love for my family, and especially my brother-in-law.

One day while visiting home I was watching Fozz sit in the family room with his head resting on the stair to the kitchen. All of our dogs, Merlin, Jumper, and Fozzie all sat this way.  For a moment, he looked like a beast, a wild animal, and I thought about how weird it is to have an animal in the house.  Here's Fozzie running in the park not far from our house. He gets so excited he can't really stand it.

"Fozzie Running" Photo by Meghan Boehman   
"Sweetheart" Photo by Meghan Boehman


I started to think about what it would be like to have a dragon that acted like Fozzie.  So here he is, with the squishiest squeaky I can imagine. He's a little cross-eyed and his teeth are a little weird, but you can tell he has a big heart and a soft spot for tearing stuffing out of toys.
"My Pet Dragon" Pencil. Copyright 2011 Jessica Boehman

2 comments:

  1. HE'S ADORBS.

    The smoke from his nostrils. It just kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the funniest thing i've seen in a long time, outside of actual fozzy...

    ReplyDelete