Thursday, March 15, 2012

Places to Dream, Draw, and Work

I posted a few months ago about my studio space (http://hansmyhedgehogblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/where-i-work.html).  Since then I've decorated my office space as well. I had been holding off as it was just a place for work, the place where I research, check email, and prepare classes. But it was just so ugly.  Why not have two places to dream?  I hung a medieval sculpture reproduction, my Brementown Musicians, a 19th-century print of China, an angel drawing I made for my husband, two prints from Swan Bones Theatre, and my Ph.D. diploma.

The office (and the first time I've actually hung my Ph.D. diploma).

The desk. I've had it since 7th grade.
 By the bookcase, I arranged my stuffed creatures, board games, a pair of ceramic mandarin ducks, my Hans poster that I use in retail fairs, a drawing of us from my husband, a digital painting my little sis made in high school, and the 2012 Children's Book Week poster.
Bookcase.

The updated studio with new green desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment